Ok, ok, I realize that this is a #hottake, bit when did the movie “Hocus Pocus” become the signature Halloween movie??? I thought it was just aite. 🤷🏽♀️ So, in the spirit of Halloween I thought i’d give some recommendations of some wayyyyyyy better choices. Feel free to suggest some in the comments as well!
Also, here’s a couple websites that lists what movies come on tv this month, make sure to record them!
1) https://www.halloweenmoviesontv.com/abc-family-13-nights-of-halloween-schedule/ 2) http://www.chiff.com/home_life/holiday/halloween/halloween-tv.htm 3) http://www.classic-tv.com/holiday-tv-guide/halloween/halloween-tv-schedule
1. Casper- love me some Devon Sawa! *swoon* Age 9+
2. Tremors! – Ha, I love this movie. I mean….. Kevin Bacon……. nuff said. Age 12+
3. The Witches!! – omg this movie scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Such a classic! Age 9+
4. Beetlejuice- yassssss! Such a classic. Age 13+
5. Ghostbusters- I mean…. duh…. Age- 11+ there’s a couple sexual scenes I’d cover the kid’s eyes for, but otherwise a good family pick, I mean, cmon, Slimer people! Slimer! And Bill Mother-Fuckin Murray. Need I say more!
6. Ghostbusters 2- Double duh.
1. A Nightmare on Elm Street-I’m sure its not as scary these days……..but Freddy was the scariest shit I’ve ever seen!
Hellraiser- I snuck and watched this whole my parents were watching it in laser disc, and I’m pretty sure I haven’t seen it since…..
3. Hereditary- Now, I wouldn’t say this is one of my favs, but I wanted to pic a semi-recent one, and I can think of a couple times in this movie when I screamed, so I say it’s worth a creepy watch.
4. Get Out- Sooooo good. Not sure how scary it would be the second time around. But if you haven’t seen it yet, get on it!
5. The Craft- I love these gals. I know damn well if you were a preteen/teen girl in the 90’s you played, “Light as a feather, stiff as a board.”
Now that I’m doneish with this list (I know I’m missing so many!) I’m realizing I need to do some deep research and expand my scary movie repertoire, so I am assigning myself the duty of bingeing scary movies this month to find some new favs. Stay tuned!